Sabre is an integrated surface ship EW system that comprises:
- a lightweight, Electronic Support (ES) subsystem, mast-mounted antenna unit that includes the necessary reception arrays, Radio Frequency (RF) protection, filtering and pre-amplification elements
- a masthead ES processor assembly that incorporates microwave receiver, RF filtering and control and RF to digital conversion circuitry
- a below decks ES equipment cabinet that houses the subsystem's digital instantaneous direction-finding and pulse train analysis circuitry together with the subsystem to ship's command system interface
- port and starboard jammer assemblies, each of which comprises a stabilised platform, a steerable dish antenna, a reception array, a cooling unit, phased-array transmission heads and a techniques generator.
- two inboard electronic countermeasures equipment units
- an operator console