The SURFSAT-L terminal is designed for satellitecommunications with military and commercialsatellites (X & C-Bands), and is appropriate forinstallation on board of medium to large ships suchas frigates, support and command ships, aircraftcarriers, etc. The SURFSAT-L terminal fulfilstoday's high data rate requirements for video,internet access, videoconference, voice & datatransmission and tele-medicine.
It can accommodate any kind of COTS modemsas well as highly protected modems (THALES'modem XXI system) whatever their access modePAMA or DAMA (Permanent- or Demand- Assigned Multiple Access).
The flexible architecture of this terminal permitsto closely match the operational requirements ofnavies worldwide: single or dual band operation,single or dual satellite tracking with user-definedpriority link management, number and size ofantennas, RF power amplifier ranges.
- Single band version (X or C-band) upgradeableto dual band operation through easy feedexchange
- Full dual band version equipped with single X& C-bands feeds
- Pedestal, allowing negative elevation, high accuracy satellite tracking and reduced radome size
- Single / dual antenna configuration
- Very fast antenna handover switching
- No loss of communication during antennahandover whatever the operational conditions
- X-Band ESM operating mode (bursttransmission) for electronic warfare compatibility
- Smart transmission interface for compatibilitywith other on-board electrical systems
- Extension to Ku-band